Friday, December 25, 2009

Is it possible to maintain a marriage after you had a major blow out with your spouse?

and his mother interfered right in the middle like she always does - unfortunately, tempers flared between me and my spouse and I threw a book at my spouse but grazed my mother-in-law because she tried to protect her son. Very unlike my personality but this was over 15 years in the making - his mother's making....she is extremely domineering and my spouse is very manipulated by her but now spouse won't talk to me....Is it possible to maintain a marriage after you had a major blow out with your spouse?
Marriage is between you and your spouse not him, his mother and you.


If he can't understand that then maybe you two need to seperate for a week or two this will jot his mind and decide what he wants which should be you. Let his actions speak louder then his words. That's my opinion.Is it possible to maintain a marriage after you had a major blow out with your spouse?
Well, no one said marriages were perfect....your husband needs to man up and realized that you and your children if any are his family now. I am not saying his mom is not important but she needs to let her little boy be a man...why is she even involved in arguments?


anyways, you can apologize and be the better woman and let her know that you love her son, let her know that you are trying to keep the peace, and just advise her that it is a shame that she can't see what a great man she brought up and that there is no need to interfere, a marriage is between 2 poeple and she should stop because she is causing issues.
The only way I found to kind of cut the cord between my husband and his family was to move away from them. They hate me for trying to give my husband a mind of his own, but when we were getting married he told me how they were so controlling he felt like he had to do whatever they said and he was so incapable of making decisions. Now he's a lot better. Hopefully, it'll work out between you and your husband!
i think it can... me and my husband fight too and once i even hit him in the face! i never hit but he was in my face and wouldnt respect my personal space. But i think a marriage can recover from almost anything as long as both are willing to work at it. But i know about the whole mamas boy thing my ex boyfriend of 3 years was the same way... its horrible and frustrating, but the thing i think would help is moving to a different town or even state. Right now my husband and i live over 3000 miles away from family cause he is a marine, but we have to rely on eachother cause thats all we got out there. Our marriage is actually a relationship cause there r no outside parties. Hang in there things will get better!
it is possible.. it just depends on what you guys want, and a marriage is only between a pair.. unless you're having conjugal relations with your in law.. which i doubt, so.. tell your in law to let you guys work things out, and you should control your impulses to hurt him, if he's just not reacting to anything, then.. no, it won't work.. but just try it can be done.. ;)
You are in such a dysfunctional relationship I'm amazed you lasted 15 years. Your husband is a wuss, your m-i-l is bossy and interferring BUT you have to accept responsibility for what you did. I'm not saying I would have done any thing different, I just probably would have left a long time ago once I realized I was married to a man with no sack.


Yeah, you could probably get past this but why would you even want to do such a thing?
You have a problem that takes way too long to type an answer to. There are ten billion details for you to take care of. Wait a while and let everyone calm down. You have to apologize for throwing the book at your husband. Then there is no way out of apologizing to mom in law too. 15 years will be 15 more of the same. Mom in law is not going to change...EVER!
I doubt it since he is a mommas boy. Tell him to man up and tell your MIL to mind her own business. Then you might have a semi normal relationship with your husband.
Everyone sets their own limits.
you said ';blow';
try to get your spouse to move away from mother in law

No comments:

Post a Comment