Monday, December 28, 2009

Is living together before marriage good?Do you believe in common marriage?

Common marriage is considered legal in some states in the United States as I have heard.Is it good to stay together before marriage?As you all know there are millions of people who raise kids without being married but living together with he partner,what you think of that?Is living together before marriage good?Do you believe in common marriage?
not good at all!Is living together before marriage good?Do you believe in common marriage?
Unfortunately, statistically speaking, couples who live together before marriage have a higher divorce rate than those that don't. I think this is because co-habitating gives people a false concept of what marriage will be like. Usually, when people are dating, they tend to be less vocal about things their boyfriend or girlfriend is doing that bothers them. This is usually because they don't want to be ';controlling,'; or they don't feel they have a right to expect differently, because they aren't married. For example, while dating, one partner may allow the other to stay out with his or her friends until all hours of the night, and not really mind, or complain.However, when the two become one, the once lenient partner might soon decide that he or she is no longer happy with the other's late hours, and try to put an end to it. Unfortunately, to the spouse who is still doing what he or she has always done it will appear as though the other person changed when they got married, and the marriage will suddenly seem more suffocating, or confining.


Another issue is sex. For some reason sex changes after marriage. It doesn't necessarily get worse, but it does change. The same things that satisfy one person before marriage don't cause the same reaction in that person after marriage. I think this is why sex was designed for, and is best enjoyed once a couple is committed to eachother via marriage. It takes time to re-learn how to please your spouse, and it can be frustrating, because a person can begin to feel inadequate sexually. If the members of the relationship aren't willing to re-learn how to please their wife or husband, then the marriage will sour, and eventually end. I hope this gives you and idea of why living together before marriage can be damaging, like every rule, there are always exceptions, Several people have lived together and are happily married now. If both people are truly committed to eachother, then they can overcome any obstacle, with God's help. However, sometimes, its easier to avoid the chasm, if you see the warning signs posted. These are just some things to think about. Best of luck to you. :-)
I think living together before marriage is a good idea. I lived with my husband for 2 months before and it was nice to get use to his habits before we got married so nothing was a big shock.





As for common law marriage I don't really see the point. Why not just get married if you have been living together for that long? I don't really believe in the whole kids before marriage bit either, even though I know accidents happen. I don't think you should try to have kids before getting married.
i think living with eachother first is a very good idea..for one you may think you like or even love a guy but sometimes when you live together you start seeing all there flaws and habits that you do not like. maybe there slobs and never help with anything and you end up having to do everything. or maybe there wonderful and help out with everything and clean and pick up after themselves, which might make you love them more. not to mention people change when you live with them. not just them but you. its better to live with eachother first and get to know eachother on that level before getting married. what if you find out that the things he does at home bothers you and you cant live with him.? wouldnt you want to know that before you got married? i would. being married is just a title. and alot of people cant even afford to get married. if you live together and nothings gonna change if you get married then whats the difference.
I think living together before marriage is a great idea.





I had a serious girlfriend and we moved in together and that was it...couldn't handle living with her. People can hide lots of stuff when they live apart. If I hadn't lived with her I'd be unhappily married at the moment.





About the common law - no comment, I don't know enough about it.
I lived with my husband for over 2 years before we got married. Surprisingly living together was a much bigger change than the getting married part - so I think it's a great way to test if you can live with a person or not. Forever is a long time!





About the common law - it's not for me but it works for some so why not?
Well I always said I was going to live with someone before I married them only because I wanted to get a feel for how they acted, what their habits are etc. So I when I met my husband we moved in 2 years after dating each other and got married a year later, last june to be exact. So that's just my opion and how I did stuff.





=]

No comments:

Post a Comment