Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the average age of marriage for americans?

I'm 16 now and have a boyfriend


We've known each other for 4 years


I love him very much and so does he.


I'm sure he is the very man that will be together with me for the rest of my life.


I want to marry him right after I graduate high school


so at 18


Do you think it's too early?


I want to know what is the average age of America


and many other countries around the worldWhat is the average age of marriage for americans?
Have either of you ever lived away from home, on your own? Have you ever really watched how his mother and father interact? Have either of you had the pressure of working in order to support yourselves? There is so much you have not experienced yet in life before you decide that he is the one. I am not saying he is not. He may very well be. But you would in a sense be moving from your home into one with him and the same for him. There you are, both of you on your own for the first time but only your together. That alone will put pressure on both of you. Also couple that with the fact that as individuals you will both be on your own for the first time and I am sure both of you have different ideas as to what freedom from living at home means to each of you.


If you want this to work, I am not saying to break up or to give up your dream to marry, but don't rush uinto it out of high school. Both of you move out seperately and see just what it entails to survive in the world. I am not questioning your love but if it is real, it will survive. How do you think couples who married older than you have survived separation by jobs ,illness's and even military service? If your love is real, and I am not saying it's not it will wait until you both know you can survive first as individuals than as a coouple trying to grow up together right out of the chute. Your chances of success will improve dramatically if you do.What is the average age of marriage for americans?
my 4-yr anniversary was yesterday - we've been together since I was 15, ten years now. Wait till you're at LEAST 21 or so, you'll be glad. If you know you guys are in love and will get married eventually... why rush? Wait till you guys have saved enough money to have a really fun wedding and a nice honeymoon, ya know? You have the rest of your lives together, enjoy the time you spent together ';shacked up'; lol! it's a great memory my husband and i have of the time we spent together after high school before the wedding, if you pack your wedding in there with everything else that will be changing in your life after high school, it won't be as special as stretching it out, planning it, waiting for it, and looking forward to it!
In the US 27.7 for men, 25.6 for women





live and learn
People are going to say you should wait but it depends on the person not the age. There is no ';right'; age to get married. Marriages can fail whether you are young or old
Most likely, too early. Give it until you are at least 21, the rate of divorce goes down considerably by then.
you should wait til your 21 to make it seem to people more normal. move in together at 18, but make it official at 21
The average age is 21 or 22. And I would wait because things could change in those 4 or 5 years
You should wait a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment