Thursday, December 31, 2009

What do you think about gay marriage?

I know that this question has been asked many times, I just wanted to ask for myself. I noticed that there are a lot of republicans on here, and usually republicans are against gay marriage, so I was just wondering why you're against it. Is it religion? Ruining the sanctity of marriage?What do you think about gay marriage?
Don't really care....they have as much of a right to be miserable as the rest of us....and the ';sanctity of marriage'; argument is hysterical....considering over half of all marriages end in divorce.





I wish people would just be honest and admit that they just hate gay people....What do you think about gay marriage?
Me: live your life the way you want. Let people be people and if they think that is the best option for them then whatever. Not saying that i support this idea or disagree with it.





Religion: Gay people should not be allowed because it weakens the society that god created. Adam and Eve is a marriage cause its a man and a woman. Disrespecting this basic principle will piss off god and will lower his protection over us.





Republicans: They hate it because they cant stand people to be different. By not allowing weed people cant act different mentally (have a better time knowing what they are doing is legal). If 2 men are in society and are together then how will society continue?





Final: Marriage in the dictionary is between a guy and a girl so no gay marriages are not possible, but they can be damned close without that title.





But let people live there lives, we arent communists right?
one says love is love, so why not marry your sibling? or your pet, or even your mother or father? it is still love correct?


I am against and I am an independent. Why? because you cannot ask to be legally recognized and entirely integrated a ';equal'; while being different and living a different life style.


I just don't get how the word ';equal'; is being used and interpreted.


If I wanted to be equal to you i would have to live by your rules. the rules of life, the rules of nature and the rules of men. Gays want to be equal in marriage but different in every other aspect of their lives. It just doesn't sound right.
It's just plain weird for 2 men or 2 women to marry. Heterosexual marriage is bad enough these days, why try to make it even more complicated and abnormal.





I think it says a lot about our society that marriage as an institution is pretty much dysfunctional, very limiting and sacrificing to all involved and it definitely is not doing much towards helping our youth become normal, happy and productive human beings.





Religion is another institution which is doing nothing for people but making them hate mongers. You asked, you got it.
I am not a Republican, but I also am not for gay marriage. I think marriage should be between a man, and a women. WITH that said, I also have to say there are sooooooooooooooooooo many more important issues, and would really matter to most of our everyday life's if two guys got married? I think we should concentrate on our self's, and let others do with what they want with their personally life, even if we do not agree with or not. We should worry about more important things.
I am a Conservative with the old values and ways myself but I have a gay brother and supervisor so I do not bash those that live that lifestyle.





I think in society today it is being pushed more by tv with a gay person in most tv programs.





I think the gays have made there point the thing I really do not like are the gay pride parades with these people in little to no clothes on .
I think it's just not normal. It's against science, my religion, and common sence.


It seems like everybody at my school is into it because it' ';off beat'; and ';emo';. But once they get into their 20's, they'll be over that.


And marriage is Holy Mantramony (spell check), and homosexuality is a sin... which makes gay marriage non existant.


We can't tell people how to live, but soiling our already crookedy society is defintely something we should avoid.
gay marriage is the perfect example of an Oxy Moron.





and yes, it ruins the sanctity of marriage and what God has intended.
To read on here you'd think it's about love and religion. It's really about neither. Marriage is a legal status. Like it or not that's what it. Gays pay taxes and have the right to protect their properties and assets.
I am a conservative and I have a problem with government involved in marriage period. Why should people get benefits for being married? Thats what it is all about - the benefits
I totally support it. Some people have selective interpretation of the Bible. It's unfortunate. Some day we will ALL have equal rights.
I think it's none of my business what two consenting adults do with their personal lives.
It's not just Republicans,in California,blacks and Hispanics were against it too.
Equality for all....





It is tiring to see how many conservatives seem only to wish to control others' lives...
Personally I am against them.
love is love
It is not my business to tell people how to live their lives .
I think it's great that anyone wants to make a commitment to each other. I could care less what gender they are.
It is a nonexistant concept.
Government doesn't have the right to tell what two people can do with their lives.
Whatever floats your boat. It does nothing to me
it sucks
Hey what ever makes a person happy who the h$ll am I to question. This is what I feel.
This is a slippery slope. Why can't we have marriage between two men and one woman. Or one man and 6 women. How about a man, a boy, and a little girl? How about a woman and a horse?





These things are not natural and are exceptions to the rule. So just because someone says love is love, why can't a woman love her horse and marry it? Sounds sick, but some people are into that. Do we allow all types of marriage then, even if it involves children? Love is love by the way.
I'm against it because it is just downright unnautral and send the wrong message to youngsters who are very impressionable.
should be banned, should be between a man and a woman..I believe Gays are brainwashed by the devil
There is no such thing as a homosexual marriage.
GOD made man and woman for them to be married not man and man or woman and woman it is WRONG
Give them civil unions, but leave the term marriage for a man and woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment