Sunday, May 9, 2010

Are There Any Atheists Here Who Are Against Homosexuality/Gay Marriage?

I've heard a lot of people recently state that many atheists are against gays. What are the reasons that a atheist might be against gay people?Are There Any Atheists Here Who Are Against Homosexuality/Gay Marriage?
they're lying.


most atheists are for treating everyone EQUAL.


i'm bisexual and i didn't wake up and be like


';omgz mommy i wanna like girls and boys.';


no.Are There Any Atheists Here Who Are Against Homosexuality/Gay Marriage?
Yeah? A lot of people, huh? Sounds like a pretty transparent attempt to start a rumor against atheists. Want them to look as bigoted as fundies, huh? But, even if there were, it doesn't really matter. Atheists are not (as so often stated yet so rarily acknowledged) an organization. We don't follow any belief systems nor are we united under any cause. If an atheist has some personal bias against gays, it's because of his own personal views. You'd have to ask the specific atheist that has the problem as to why he'd be such a bigot.
I live in England and there are thousands of atheist football hooligan types that are against gays. But then again, they're against anything that isn't like themselves.





They probably don't like gay people because they think it's wrong or they worry that if their friend turned gay they'd probably hit on them. I've heard that excuse used a few times.





Really, it's hard to know. Discrimination never holds any proper ground. It's petty.
They're full of it, if thats what people are telling. Atheists don't care if someone is gay or not because they think with their brains not a book. It does not impact humanities survival if someone is gay because there is more than enough people on this planet to replace everyone currently alive several times over even with a 10% gay population.





Atheists support equality and freedom for everyone not just for a select few. They just want everyone else to do the same.
If gays want to get married there is no reason to stop them, other than some form of imagined doctrine. Like religion.





I wonder if Clark Robert (see above) would try to stop the marriages of infertile people? Or retired people?





I'm an atheist and I used to hate gay people because one or two made my life a misery at school and because I was ignorant. However I am now grown up... well sort of, and I have learned respect for people who have to climb obstacles that will never be in my own way.
To be honest I'm not exactly what you call pro-homosexuality. However, I don't have anything against them getting married because it's really none of my business and people should have the liberty to marry whomever they choose.
I am absolutely 100% for equal rights. EVERYONE should be for equal rights. Hell, it should not even be an issue in 2008. The fact that it is is quite disturbing.
I know a few who are, but they are not as outspoken about it. I think it's because it is the best thing that have going against religious people.
Not me, to each there own...





I saw that once myself, I can only think they were trying to cause problems...








Merry Christmas %26amp; Happy Holidays...
I embrace gay people and support them wholeheartedly
I know of only one atheist homophobe.
I'm sure there are some. But most of the atheists I know are very accepting of gay people.
I'm atheist and I haven't heard that. Can't help which sex you are attracted to. Its genetic!
I'm not!
I'm indifferent about it.
I am not against it at all, why would anyone want to deny gay people rights?
Nope. Whatever happens between one or more consenting adults is fine with me.
I haven't met one yet, and I can't think of any logical reason why there might be.
most atheists i've met have been very supportive of me wanting to get married. so have jewish people.
Because the idea of 2 males doing THINGS to each other is disturbing?





Though I don't really care.
I've seen one.





No real reasons were provided, just bigotry. :)
Gay people are so gay
I'm only against it if it involves me. Let people do what they want.
Sounds like something Christians would say.





I'm not and I'm an atheist
i dont know about other atheists but i'm not.
I'm not. And never heard such a thing either.
I'm atheist and I am not against it
no!


im all for gay mariage. i dont understand why others arnt


what is wrong about two people being in love?





athiest
All should be.Biology shows that gay relations can not produce offspring.Science shows it is wrong.It has to be a genetic defect.Atheists claim to believe science.All must be anti-gay.
i am
  • mask movie
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment