Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can my wife, who is Korean, get a working visa after marriage in USA?

I am a US citizen and my fiancee is a Korean national here on a student visa. We are getting married and I want to know if she can somehow immediately find work instead of waiting x amount of years for her green card.Can my wife, who is Korean, get a working visa after marriage in USA?
As soon as you get married, just file the paperwork to adjust her status. Her permission to work, get a ss#, and drivers license will come in 2-5 months. It will take 8 months, give or take, for the whole process to be finished and her to get the green card.


Good luck.


Belle





EDIT: Sweetdaddy....he said she was here on a student visa, so she is here legally. It also doesn't matter if she from north or south.Can my wife, who is Korean, get a working visa after marriage in USA?
Yes, but not exactly immediately. It may take a few months for


processing. After marriage the primary necessary forms are


I-130 and I-485 to be filed concurrently. For the forms and


instructions see uscis.gov.
It does not take YEARS. A few months, if she is here legally ! Is she North, or South ?
hope not too many real Americans need work

No comments:

Post a Comment