Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why are people so afraid of saying something about gay marriage?

I personally think it's unnatural not necessarily wrong but unnatural and I don't think they should get married and I know many people agree but how come people are not allowed to be negative against gay marriage?Why are people so afraid of saying something about gay marriage?
I agree with the others, that our freedom of speech is infringed upon when we voice an opinion that the ';politically correct'; think is adverse to their cause. I also do not agree with gay marriage, but only voice my opinion in small circles, and mostly with friends and acquaintances that I at least know and can hold my own against in a debate. In a more open forum I'd probably be less likely to be vocal about my opposition for fear of retribution, which is a shame because I live in America, the Land of the Free! Good luck and God Bless.Why are people so afraid of saying something about gay marriage?
Let me explain you as easier as possible so your brain can hopefully have the ability to process it.





1) When a gay person works for the company, and contributes just as much as other workers, and then his partner gets sick with cancer, he can not take him to the doctors and get him treated because the health plan provided by the employer covers ';family members'; only. How does that sound like an equality to you?





2) Gay people pay as much taxes as straight people. At the same time, gay people do not get the same benefits the Married Filed Joint return provides because they are not allowed to get married to file such return in the first place. How does that sound like equality to you?





3) Gay people work as much as straight people. However, their partners will not receive the retirement benefits straight partners receive in case of divorce, disability, and death. How does that sound like equlity to you?





And what does all that have to do with your ';afraid'; and ';saying something'; crap?





Now get your ';natural'; a$s out of here!
Being gay IS natural, sweetie. Homosexual behavior has been observed in a number of species, not just ours.





I get frustrated with people who are against gay marriage because their arguments are not logical. You argue that it's unnatural. You're wrong, it isn't, that has be proven. Others argue that marriage is meant to produce children. Well, we let old people, sterile people, and people who don't want children to marry, so that argument is moot.





Basically, you have NO logical, rational reason to oppose gay marriage. None. All you have is shaky moral justification. That's why your position is a weak one.
Nobody said you weren't allowed to disagree.





But if you are going to boast your opinion on others, then they will push their opinion on you as well.





You do understand that you came onto a public website and posted an opinion about a large populations rights... if you can say your opinion about it, then others can respond with their opinion.





Just to add... if its so unnatural to you, then perhaps you need to go back and study history... homosexual experiences and relationship have happened for thousands of years... even the Romans were homosexuals! Study your history before you claim for things to be unnatural, because its been going on for centuries.
if you don't believe in gay marriage then don't have one. that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to discriminate against fellow tax payers from having the right to be legally bound to someone they love just because they're gay. stop being a bigot. you don't have to agree with their lifestyle but you have no ethical right to dictate what they can and cannot do since they're not stopping you from having a heterosexual marriage.
Because bottom line it's no body's damn business if two people are in love and want to get married. Least of all the government. What right do they have to project their beliefs whether bible based or personal onto someone else??? Its not fair. And you would think a country with one of they highest divorce rates in the world would be happy that two people love each other enough to want to spend the rest of their lives together joined in marriage.
Same reason people are not allowed to judge you by who you are! Unnatural..lol I would love for someone to explain what natural is anymore! No marriage is traditional anymore, people get marriage way to soon, and divorce even sooner like its nothing to be respected!





Why would you care if two people who loved and respected each other were to get married? Themarriageedoesn'tt affect you in any way!
You mean beside the obvious? What does it really matter to you whether or not 2 consenting adults of the same sex choose to get married? How exactly does it affect you in any way? How does it affect anyone other than the 2 adults in question?





I personally think people need to pay more attention to their own relationship and quit worrying so much about everyone else's.
I don't think people are that afraid... in my experience, most people don't speak out about gay marriage because they don't mind! And why should they mind? Gay people are no better at making their marriages work than heterosexuals, but they are no worse at it either. Let people live their own lives. As for what is natural or unnatural - where do you think gay people come from? They're just humans, you know. Not engineered robots. That is, they are just as natural as you are.
My husband is an attorney and I am his loving wife, both proud Republicans and in favor of Gay Marriage and not afraid to admit it. If you don't like it you can spew all you want because it is part of freedom of speech and I will use my freedom of speech! GAYS ARE HUMAN AND FALL IN LOVE TOO SO SHADDUP!
Im not afraid to say something.. Gay marriage is a sin!... One of my best friends is gay and I love him to pieces.. but it doesnt change the fact that its absolutely wrong and sinful. It is unnatural.. its bad spirits that attach to people.. there is a way to pray them out of your life. Man and woman were created for each other. God makes no mistakes =]
Who cares if they get married it doesn't concern you, doesn't concern me. They are two consenting adults, who love each other. Big deal if they get married. There are far more important things to be concerned with. I think people that are against it are closeted gay people, trying not to seem gay.
I'm not, Gods word say in book of Romans that a man shall not lay with a man nor a woman with a woman.


I trust in God, He knows best He is only trying to protect us.


I believe that Satan puts thoughts and dreams in peoples minds of evil, %26amp; sin including gay ones so we may be tempted to act on them.


God can help us defeat temptation, but once we start down the road in sin we are cut off from Him. Until we repent, and sin no more we must first ask Him into our lives by saying this prayer:


Put aside your unbelief and Say this prayer so God can come into your life, He is right there waiting, hoping You will make this choice %26amp; say it.


He has a plan for your life He can and will help you with everything. He wants you to be the best you can be. He loves you and gave You free will to choose having His unfailing love in your life or not He loved you first and left the door open for you. Its up to you to walk through into His loving arms.


God can help you, If only you ask Him.


If you want to accept Christ as Savior and turn from your sins, you can ask Him to be your Savior and Lord by praying a prayer like this:


';Lord Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive my sins and give me the gift of eternal life. I ask You in to my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve You always.'; Amen


He helped me and I want you to feel his Love too.


Then pass on this prayer to others so they can get to know Gods unfailing love too!


If you are from Maine I urge you to vote yes on #1 to repeal gay marriage. Thanks and May God Bless you and your family!
This is a topic like any other where it involves different opinions and when you have two different views, its a door opener for debates which can get very ugly. Just like the issues involving abortion, religion, politics, etc.....





I avoid those topics because I simply respect other people's opinions and I expect same respect back.
You can be negative about anything, its just not polite, so people don't do it. Only those with very strong convictions and balls will shout it to the world. Most folks just rather say ';i don't like it'; in the house but when they are out, be neutural.
People with a negative view of gay marriage are just as entitled to voice their opinion as those who support it. And frankly, I hear a lot more anti-gay-marriage rants that pro-, so I'm not sure why you feel opponents of gay marriage aren't speaking out.
For me and many others - since we do not have a strong opinion about gay marriage and have not made up our minds, we say nothing.





Many have gay relatives. I am the mother of a gay son (came out recently). I still do not have a strong opinion for or against gay marriage.
What happen to acceptance... Of everyone...





I know you're a racist who can't stand your white husband or any white people but I believe in diversity and acceptance of people no matter what their





race, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, social status, wealth, etc etc etc...
Why do you care even care? I call it ';Gladys Kravitz'; syndrome. Imagine how nice the world could be if you simply minded your own business on things that have nothing to do with you, or your future in any possible way.





edit to add: Bah, got suckered in by Heartless.
Free speech is only respected by people who hear what they like to hear.





I don't have to agree with what people say. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you don't advocate violence towards them or something you are free to say what you want.
who said so? everyone is entitled to their individual opinion. i think those who are crass and disrespectful with their opinions are looked down upon, mainly because it's simply rude....but there's no rule that says you can or cannot agree to anything!
Welcome to the world of being Politically Correct. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, everyone has the right to be miserable.
It's fine to disagree, it's only a problem when they are rude about it.





For the record, I fully support gay marriage, yes, MARRIAGE. :)
Why are YOU ';Parroting'; the only excuse against gay marriage given? Why don't you have an original opinion against?
Well im not god and not here to judge them . What they do they do it has no effect on me what so ever . They stay out of my business and ill stay out of theres
I don't even care anymore, I see no reason why a couple of gays can't be miserable and unhappy in marriage just like the rest of us.
Its okay to be against something you don't agree with but if violence and harassment is involved than its not okay.
I am personally not for it. You did see what happened to Miss California when she said what she believed.
We're losing our freedom of speech in America. It's really sad...and most people know a gay person, whether it's a relative or co-worker and they don't want to offend...
I've already been reported too many times for being honest. Some issues aren't worth the worry to me. I agree with you on this one.
I would think most people just don't want to get yelled at for their opinions...

No comments:

Post a Comment