Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can you function well when you are not happy in your marriage?

I am a mum of a 2 year old girl, in a very unhappy marriage, when we always talk about divorce, even today we decided to see a lawyer and finish it. I am studying phd now, and I have exam on Tuesday, but I haven't been able to study at all, I am very worried about my course.





Can you function well when you are having fight with your spouse?Can you function well when you are not happy in your marriage?
Absolutely not !! I just got out of a 21 year relationship that I was not happy with,only stayed together because of children,sex never happened but maybe a couple times a month and then it was just plain and not even worth doing! Every day activies decline because your always worring about your relationship,whether you want to be in it or if they're cheating,etc... Can even lead to low self esteem,depression,anxiety,and of course what happened to me,turned to drinking just to be able to tolerate the relationship,my advice is if your not happy and your significant other won't hear what you have to say or try to work things out,or if you just want someone else,then end it,dont waste any more of your life,I lost 21 years that I'll never get back! Now i've gotta start all over at the age of 38,and don't know where to start since its been so long!! **** SWEET MILDRED SENT ME TO HELP YOU***Can you function well when you are not happy in your marriage?
Making a list of everything you can for yourself to cope in your marriage or a plan of how to work on stuff to make your marriage better might help. It always tends to give me a positive feeling about things, then I can move on to whatever else needs doing. If I start focusing on my relationship problems then I have another look at my list/plan and have a few minutes thinking about how I'm moving forward. I feel more in control of things when I have a plan for dealing with issues so thought it might help you too. Best of luck on Tuesday with your exam!!


BTW having just been through a really messy, hideous separation, custody battle and soon a divorce I really recommend doing everything you can to avoid it!! Obviously if theres violence and/or abuse then get out asap (there was in my marriage) but if thats not a factor and you have any options you haven't explored then keep at it!! There's heaps of books and advice out there - some are abit different to the normal society opinion on how to do things (the submissive wife for example - has a definite effect though!) but give it all a go before you pack it in.
Not really, when something bad is on your mind, it's rough to do things. If you and your spouse come to an agreement with visitation rights and on your divorce, that's good for your child. You both need to think what's best for her at this moment. Give it your best and keep on studying. Do it for you and your child. I'm sorry to hear that you both are going through a rough time. Good luck.
personally my gf has a significant amount of control on my mood, and yes when we fight iam a mess at everything. its unhealthy to feel this way , and i would suggest some counseloring and if that doesn't work just leave. you need to be well and functioning especially for your lil girl! good luck and i wish you the best!
What is a mum? Anyway, it's hard to concentrate when your emotionally traumatized but you can do it if you force your efforts. I'm sorry your having such a hard time with your marriage
No, it's difficult to function when there is so much stress around you. And it affects you in so many ways. For years, I felt awful, depressed, tired, sick, ...then I got a divorce!


Best thing that ever happened to me!
Not really. It is pretty hard to do anything actually.
Can you do well on this exam ??? YES !!!!!!!!!! Then when divorce is final be happy once more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment