Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who thinks giving marriage a expiration is the dumbest thing in history?

And who thinks Gabriel Pauli looks like the joker?Who thinks giving marriage a expiration is the dumbest thing in history?
Having been thru a divorce, no I think it would be a great idea %26amp; save millions %26amp; millions! You can always re-up if yo are happy %26amp; have no problem! If you do, there it is, the expiration, less murder of spouses, %26amp; less work for lawyers.


Not sure who Gabriel Pauli is though, sorry....Who thinks giving marriage a expiration is the dumbest thing in history?
I don't like the idea of an expiration date. However, I do think there should be a ';no fault'; annulment period for about 2 years or so.
Haven't heard that one before, sounds whacked.
that defeats the whole purpose of marriage. it's as dumb as selling life insurance, but the policy only works if the insured is still alive. yeah, pretty dumb.
yeah, pretty stupid
Can you imagine splitting assets every seven years, not to mention if there are children involved!!! How stupid. Did any attorney dream this up?
That is very dumb.
I don't think that it is the dumpest thing in history I would it is better than divorce wouldn't u agree..There so many couples out there they get married and even if they are not happy they still stay together most of the time because of the kids and this thing would be helpful for both men and women in certain years they will know each other better and than they can decide if they want to grow their family or go different ways gives couples time to think through each step
It would sure reduce the number of divorces
Actually, I think it's one of the smartest proposals in history.





Marriage in the modern world is two things -- one is a religious or social commitment -- the other is a legal status, with specific legal benefits.





I won't comment about the religious or social commitment -- that varies depending on the culture or religion.





But as a legal contract and legal status, with specific legal benefits -- having an expiration date (with option to renew) makes a HUGE amounts of sense -- and would solve many current legal problems. There is no downside (from a legal perspective) and huge benefits in terms of resolving domestic disputes and similar legal issues.





Remember, just because something CAN be given an expiration date doesn't mean that it MUST be given one. Leases are property ownership with an expiration date, and other contracts often include an expiration date -- if the parties choose to have one.
They'll have to change the vows to, ';In sickness and in health...'til 7 years do we part';
I agree with you. My parents just had their 55th wedding anniversary which Ms. Pauli will never see. Maybe she needs to take a look at herself and see why she thinks they should only last 7 years.
THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE SAID FOR CONSERVATIVE MORAL VALUES!





She is a joker, and this is a dumb idea.
ME!!! I think it's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard
I think its very dumb and sad. Romance, love, and marriage is the foundation of pure happiness. To say marriage should have an expiration date is an insult to our existence.
Everything in our society is becoming ';disposable';. I am not surprised by this at all.





I can see one day having to ';renew'; you marriage every 4 years like you do your drivers license.





What has happened to parts of country who find the acceptable?
She's a weird one.





She's been divorced twice, it just makes sense that she would just want the 'easy way out' next time...just wait until it expires...





I love my Husband, and hate the idea of having to 'regroup' after seven years to decide if we love each other enough to do it again...Lame.
women would have a problem with this because it means they have to file divorce and get that alimony quick, which means less guys are likely to be stupid enough to get married.





the divorce lawyers also will lobby to keep this from happening to stay in business along with private investigators.
stupid stupid stupid
very bad idea!
Given the soaring divorce rate it seems unnecessary.
Me, me, me! I have both hands raised! I thought surely it was a joke when I first saw it on the homepage. Can't you just see people walking around asking ';are you married, how many more years do you have';?
why get married in the first place?
I have no idea who Gabriel Pauli is, but let me ask you this?





Ever been married?





I have





Twice.





I'm not married now





The Expiration thing..hmmmm
If I understand her motives correctly, it's not stupid. At the moment she does not expect to see this ever become law.





I think she's trying to shed light on the fact that marriage, as it exists, has some real flaws.
Extremely dumb!
We have an expiration date on our marriage it is death of one or the other of us. You've no doubt heard ';until death do we part';?
Very very dumb. As far as I'm concerned, my marriage won't expire until I do.
I agree that marriage with an expiration date is dumb. Afterall when I took my vows with my wife I remember saying ';';Til death do us part.';

No comments:

Post a Comment