Thursday, January 21, 2010

How come when i read the answers in this section, it makes me think that my marriage really must suck?

I have been married for 13 yrs, and really, it just makes me wonder why i don't feel as strongly about things than the rest of you do.How come when i read the answers in this section, it makes me think that my marriage really must suck?
I'll bet your marriage is pretty good. If you are mellow and don't let little stuff get to you or bother you, then you are probably a generally happy person. Most people don't come on here to talk about how great their marriage is anyway.How come when i read the answers in this section, it makes me think that my marriage really must suck?
It sounds like you have the beginning of a really interesting question there, but you don't provide enough details. Could you give an example of something people feel strongly about that you don't? I mean, I'm thinking that a lot of people are very strongly against cheating - are you saying you're pretty much OK with it?
I've been contentedly hitched much longer and what I don';t understand is how anyone can go on the internet whining, complaining, airing dirty laundry and intimate details to strangers. No marriage is perfect. A strong union is a series of compromises and sharing. Most people who ask questions here answer themselves if they would think about it.
If you're able to let marital problems roll off your backside like water on a duck's back, then you must have a lot of patience and tolerance for your husband.





I firmly believe that it takes 2 people to either make or break the relationship.


Neither are perfect or free of any guilt.





It's up to us to make ourselves happy; we're not supposed to depend on someone else to do that for us.
This place does the opposite for me. I read some of this stuff, discounting most of the stuff that the high schoolers are putting up, and realize how great I have it. There must be a lot of desperate people out there to get involved with the people they are either going with or married to.
I know why... because most of the people that answer questions on here are in their early 20's, on their first marriages (or relationships) and haven't experienced what hell life can be just yet. I'd like to see how half of them feel in about 10 years. I'm sure your marriage doesn't suck any worse than mine :)
When was the last time you posted a question about how happy you were in your relationship?





Most people dwell on there problems looking for answers to try and make them Better.........Most people don't post about there happiness, just how to become more happy in there lives and relationships.
What do you not feel strongly about? Please explain. If you, yourself, don't think your marriage sucks - it's all that matters.





For me, it's the opposite; since I've started reading questions and answers here, it made me realize how good I have it in my marriage. Made me appreciate it much more.
You probably know how to choose your battles. There are a lot of people who don't have the experience to understand that you have to decide what's important and what's not important, what's worth fighting about and what's not worth fighting about. Sounds like you might be doing something right!
Well you don't exactly articulate on what precisely makes you ';wonder'; - and yet I surmise, if you are happy and your husband is happy, you wouldn't be wondering, would you? What's wrong?





Sincerely,





Grace
this is jus peoples opinions...dont take the things said on here to heart...alot of people attack or say stupid things....last week i posted a ? about my puppy an the responses got me soooo upset I rushed my dog to the vet and nothing was wrong....YOU are jus as strong as everyone else!
Truthfully, I am at work right now and I only come here for entertainment.





Besides, you are only hearing about people having problems on here, NOT all the millions of people that are just fine in their marriage......
Everyone is different. What works for my brother in-law send me over the edge. If you are happy, that is all that matters. Well, that and self esteem.
i totally agree. i visit this topic of yahoo answers cause i want to give good marriage advice cause im happily married. but everyone is unhappy and getting a divorce. its kinda sad
Not everything you read on here is really true.
Maybe because you haven't taken the time to be emotional about your man.
its all easy when you ordered your husband from korea
I agree with you......everyone on here is soooo unhappy.


But not just on here, I see people in real life that are unhappy as well.


That is why I am 44 and never been married!





LOL!
Because people here are r3tard3d and will say anything just to make you miserable.
Because you think these answers are all truthfull.


Take everything here with a grain of salt.
Maybe you need to meet someone new and have some fun...
mostly unhappy people are on here is why
dont worry i feel the same welcome to the club LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment