Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why my mom has desire to keep me as her little boy by attempt to destroying my marriage?

Some time I had feeling that my mom is effect by compulsive hoarding disorder, and she want to keep me like any other things.Why my mom has desire to keep me as her little boy by attempt to destroying my marriage?
IF you're an only child or an only son, your mother might be afraid of one losing her son';little boy'; and the most important she might not have any thing else to do with her life. I don't know how old you are but use me for example. I'm going to be 54 this summer. If I didn't have a 17 year old I would have been on my own again for the past 8 years since my middle daughter moved out at the age of 22. At that point I would have had to make a decision to I hang on to my children to give me some direction and purpose in life or do I move on to the next phase of my life and find another way to give my life meaning not that my children don't need me. I have a daughter who will be in college in about 18 months do I still have my life revolve around my children and not allow her to go away to college by making her feel guilty for having her own life and leaving me or do I say this is great,Now I can concentrate on doing some of the things I've wanted to do I can now do. Things like visit my girlfriend in NC. Taking time to focus on me by working at school and going back into scouting. Things I had to give up becasue she needed me to focus on her and getting her the help that she needs. I love my daughters almost more than anything, But like I tell them I had a life before I had you I'll have a life after you leave. But that's a choice I've made and I'm making plans to have that life so that I'm not dependent on my children to give my life purpose and so that they feel that they are free to form their own lives. That's something that your mother hasn't seemed able to do. What you might have to do is sit down with her and explain that as much as you love her she raised you to be a man and that means having a life seperate from hers. You will always be her son but you won't always be her child. Find out what types of things that she enjoyed before she had children and help her to find ways to get involved with those sort of things again. Also if she has to have a child in her life than tell her to find ways to volunteer with children or if she really interested she can be come a foster parent. She needs to find ways to move on with her life beyond being your ';mommy'; IF your father is still married to her than suggest that he takes her on trips and to do things that they couldn't do when they had young kids. She needs to find a way to refocus her life. IF these things don't help than suggest that she goes to family counseling with you to help her understand that you take her feelings and need seriously but also so you can get help to turn her in another direction with out her feeling rejected.Why my mom has desire to keep me as her little boy by attempt to destroying my marriage?
I will be marrying a ';mommy's boy'; in two years. I know what you mean, your wife must find it extremely annoying sharing you with her. Although, your wife probably does not want you to disown your own mother, I bet she would like you to sit down with her and discuss how intrusive is affecting you and your new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment