Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Interracial marriage: seeking advice from those who have done it?

Please, mature answers only. Thanks!





I'm an african-american male, she's a caucasian female.





What should we be thinking about? What post marital issues may arise? Any personal experience %26amp; advice you may have is greatly appreciated.Interracial marriage: seeking advice from those who have done it?
I have a few different angles. I'm married to a hispanic woman and it's not easy for us. Most hispanic people don't care that were together but a lot of black females hate to see a black man with a female of another race.





My brother married a german girl and it's hard on both of them. Whenever she comes to a family get-together the rest of our family targets her like she's a beast. And her family does the same to my brother.





But I'll tell you what my bro told me when my wife and I were going through this. No matter what your race, gender or size is people will always find something to hate about. Just brush em off and you be you. And never let what other people get between you love for your partner. Interracial marriage: seeking advice from those who have done it?
There really isn't anything to think about.





If you love one another that is all that matters, color does not.





Yes, you may experience the occasional ignorant jerk, man or woman, that has something to say about interracial relationships but you have to let that person's misery stay with them.


I haven't had many issues in the 8 years we have been together.


Just a couple different people who felt the need to express why they don't believe in interracial relationships and to be honest and could care less for what they had to say because I am happy.


Oh and the one other time we were on vacation and went to a large flea market and it seemed that every black woman there gave me the look of death. I think I may have been the only white person there.LOL.


I can't think of any post marital issues unless either one of your famililes have a problem with your relationship. That may cause some issues in your marriage if the families don't appreciate your relationship with one another.


SOme people say when children come along you have to think about how they will be teased or taunted because they are mixed. I don't see this as a problem like it once was.


There are so many interracial marriages with children these days.





Don't let this affect your love for one another. Have peace in the fact you are happy together.









Well my fiance is black, and I'm white, and we haven't had any real issues over race. I don't think one would unless they had deep roots with their culture, and it differed from the other's beliefs (like one was a true African and the other was like.. German or something).





But I am having a small issue with this family reunion I have to go to/want to go to with his family... It's going to be almost all black family members, then me... I don't exactly know how they expect me to behave lol. But I'm glad to at least be meeting them.


But that's the only bump I've hit so far.
I met my husband in or around 1983 and every time we went out together people would stare at us. This was 20 years ago and interacial ';marriage'; was pretty new. But we loved each other and didn't care. As long as your family is cool with it then you shouldn't care. We were together for 15 years before he died in an accident. I haven't dated a man of color since. Only because I haven't run into one that I like. I havn't run into any man that I like. But when I do, it doesn't matter what race he is just as long that I am happy.
I guess all I really have to say is if we weren't racist, the color of skin wouldn't matter.





Maybe you're looking at things a little racist yourself by seeing the difference in you and your fiance's skin colors? Who cares if one of you is yellow and the other is purple?





Good luck with your long, happy life together. :)
I agree with a lot of the answers. It should not matter what others think. As long as you love each other and care for one another it shouldn't matter what others think. If anything you will have to deal with the people who think that people should date/marry inside their race, but just ignore them. Me and my husband are doing it and we work in the same building.
i am into that now..but it don't effect me i do not care..my bf is how ever mixed..and it effects him.. he thinks of him self as a mixed breed..but he is 32 yrs old.. who you should be asking is the children on today..and how it effect them..but keep in mind that things change ever 10 or more years,,both my daughters are white.. and both have had african american bf..there father did not approve.but this is the 2000.not the 1900's..this is the age.. where age and race don't matter.. look around.. heck ..sex of a person don't matter any more..and yeah ..my oldest..does not care what race you are or sex..as long as your a good person
I was in a long term relationship with a black man. I lived in a big City. You might live in a small narrow minded town. I wouldn't know that. I had some mean things said to me but whatever. Other than dealing with ignorance there is really no difference. You love each other %26amp; cozy up at the end of the day.
Hi , i was married to a hispanic man for 15 yrs.


i am irish


our kids look like me , no one would know they are half mexican. i did not care much about it , but we did get weird looks and people would ask if our kids were his, i think its rude to say things like that out loud.


i say stay Strong in your love, do alot of holing hands , hugging and kissing.....god bless
There really isn't anything to worry about.


I don't think you will have any problems, except for maybe the occasional dirty looks you may get from the ignorant people of today's world.


But that doesn't matter =)





Good luck to you both!
Don't except negative feed back from people and Don't you and bf feel that you need to give anyone any reason why you marry.


You will always find someone with something negative to say.


I wish you the best of Luck~





Chao
you two guys shouldent care


okay


no matter howmuch **** people give you or her you guys have to move on with your lifes


and my dad is black and my moms jappanse
sorry buddy I have lots of african american friends and coworkers but I believe that's as fare as it should go between to different raises

No comments:

Post a Comment