Saturday, January 23, 2010

Religion Regulars: So those against gay marriage, are you basically saying that marriage is all about sex?

The Bible speaks out against gay sex. Yes. This is a fact.





But it says nothing about love between two people of the same sex. Are you saying that marriage as a whole is constituted of sex? That the love and commitment takes a backseat?





Why zone in on the sex?





Is it because so many fundamental theists seem to get married only for sex? Especially at a young age?Religion Regulars: So those against gay marriage, are you basically saying that marriage is all about sex?
A very good question....I'm sure they're bound to respond with ';Waah, but they can't have children';, then you'll couter with ';does that mean infertile people shouldn't be allowed to get married?';, then they freak out because they realise the corner they've painted themselves into and then call you a satan worshipping dyke





:)





Sorry, I've really been here far too long.Religion Regulars: So those against gay marriage, are you basically saying that marriage is all about sex?
No, not about sex but about having and raising one's own children.





Look, I love my football team and I'm committed to supporting my team. Should the government issue me some certificate that affirms my love and commitment? I hope not. The government ought to have no interest in my love and commitment just as it has no interest in my sex life.





If marriage isn't about children, then all the laws that reference marriage ought to be rewritten to eliminate the reference. The same goes for civil unions and partnerships. No joint filing for tax returns, for example. If you want someone on your health insurance, pay for it. If you want your property to go to your ';spouse/partner/etc'; then make a will. If you want anyone to have a portion of your social security, then sign some papers.
They can't answer so they misdirect onto gay.





';Why zone in on the sex?';


Cor they're sexually repressed, sexually obsessed; all they can think of is sex ... unlike normal people.


~
As a guy who's been married twice, let me assure you that marriage is about anything BUT sex...%26lt;sniff%26gt;
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment