Thursday, January 21, 2010

How my wife can retain her maiden name before marriage?

Hello.


I am from Israel ,my wife is Russian , and we both are not Turkish citizen.


we got married in Turkey, and they've added my surname to her at the red book (marriage certificate)


Russians asks her to change all her documents and issue a new passport, which we must avoid at any cost,as its long and tedious work.


We must find a fast way to retain her Maiden name,by Turkish law/Russian law asap.





please advise.How my wife can retain her maiden name before marriage?
Divorce her in Turkey and then get married in a western country.How my wife can retain her maiden name before marriage?
Perhaps you could request a legal name change. A revert to maiden name should be simple to reqest and be approved, provided you have sufficient proof and documentation.





Some marriage certificates have a line for the woman's name she will use once married, however, if that form was filed it may be difficult to change. I am not a lawyer!!
Why do you need to tell Russia that she is married?





My Russian wife never officially informed the Russian authorities of our marriage - as it would have been a lot of hassle and of no benefit to us. A foreigner doesn't get any extra rights in Russia if you're married.





If the Russians don't know she's married, then she can keep her maiden name.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment