Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is the guideline in Hindu marriage act for marriage with mother's brother's daughter? It's legal?

What is the guideline in Hindu marriage act for marriage with mother's brother's daughter? It's legal?


I want the legal opinion for this question. I found many answers for this question but nobody gave me the legal advice. So, i want answer from a lawyer, who takes it seriously. Please, give me the advice for this.What is the guideline in Hindu marriage act for marriage with mother's brother's daughter? It's legal?
Hi Sachin,





Congrats for the 17000 runs and sorry for the bad luck in the end.Just kidding.





Mother's brother' daughter does not fall into the category of prohibited relation under Hindu Marriage Act,1955. In fact,it is the most widely practiced throughout India for a long long period .For that matter,it is either mothers brothers daughter or fathers sisters daughter who was preferred partner for many marriages some time back.People who don't know anything about culture here call it incest and other nonsense.It is a fact that at least 80-90% of families among Hindus either married their maternal uncles daughter or paternal aunts daughter,so it is not only an accepted form of marriage but also appreciated very well. But for the misleading and confusing (ambivalent rather)medical advice, I don't know anything wrong with it .





Here is some legal stuff.





1)the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two








2)the parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;





Sapinda implies they should not be biologically sharing the same pool of genes.





If you are about go into this king of relation,go ahead and do it without any second thought.My elder brother married my paternal aunts daughter and I married the daughter of my mother's cousin(brother).And my maternal uncle was really upset when I love married my wife instead of his daughter.As I was against arranged marriages in the first place,and also because we were in deep love ,I gladly did what I did and I am really happy.So is my brother ,though it was arranged.





So,it is legal as well as accepted and also the most widely practiced.





Good luckWhat is the guideline in Hindu marriage act for marriage with mother's brother's daughter? It's legal?
Its perfectly legal.In many parts of India It is a first choice to marry with mother's brother's daughter.What is important is you should have love and respect about the girl.There is nothing wrong legally and scientifically to marry in this relation.go ahead.
There is no problem at all. This relationship is legal and you can go ahead with the marriage.


What more legal opinion you want?
I am not a lawyer, but I do know that in he State of Michigan, it IS legal to marry your first cousin.
INCEST IS THE BEST!!!!!!! LOL OMG WTF MY DOG LOVES IT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment