Thursday, January 21, 2010

What do you think a feminst would say about marriage declining?

i need a feminist view on marriage declining, i am doing some research, also please tell me the name of the feminist. Thankyou xWhat do you think a feminst would say about marriage declining?
they would say it's all the mans fault. .What do you think a feminst would say about marriage declining?
Marriage is not by necessity an institution that subjugates/discriminates against women. Therefore a feminist would perhaps be neutral on the issue.


Given the alternative of leaving many women to raise their children on their own, some feminists might consider marriage to be a good thing.
I think marriage is being delayed by women, and by men. I know I'm not getting married again since I don't like the way property and taxes are associated with the institution, and I'm not religious and am at a point where I don't want to have children (I'm 48). I'm a feminist and was married when I was very young.





Here's a blog entry from a feminist who is excited about getting married:


http://feministfigure.blogspot.com/searc鈥?/a>





Here's a feminist blog that lists 3 books related to feminism and marriage that are reviewed by feminists at the blog:


http://feministreview.blogspot.com/searc鈥?/a>





Here's an article a feminist wrote about how and why she decided to marry:


http://www.taylormarsh.com/archives_view鈥?/a>





Here's a journal article from the Journal of Marriage and Family, on Gender and Families: Feminist Perspectives and Family Research: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/abs鈥?/a>





Good luck!
Not sure about bucketing feminists in with radical feminists. You probably need to specify to which school of thought you refer.


Q How many radical feminists does it take to change a light globe?


A. That's not funny!!
Well, it all depends upon what you mean by marriage ';declining'; and how you define a ';feminist';!





But anyway, why are you asking us to do your research for you? Go do a google search and figure it out yourself!
I would not necessarily call myself a feminist, but I am definitely into equality. You can google if you need famous feminist's views, but my own is that women in this day and age are more financially independent, whereas 30 years ago they were not and marriage was the only real option if they wanted to have children. A woman's future had limited options, whereas today women have the freedom and independence to chose. A woman can have a career and children without the need to depend on a man. Also women are putting off marriage till later in life, as are men, which I believe is a good thing. Marriage does not hold as much value %26amp; importance as it did in past generations, and many women do not feel the need to ';marry'; in order to be comitted in a relationship.
Which 'a feminist' are you asking about?





Maybe another piece of research and possible a more 'important' piece could be done relating to the children bought up in a single parent family ~ the child's feelings and it's behaviours and its experiences and outcomes.





It's Just a thought.


Sash.
Can I have my bra back now????!!!
Gloria Steinhem in 1970, when single:


Marriage is a terrible institution that is bad for women.





Gloria Steinhem in 2003 when she met a rich guy:


I'm ready for marriage. Its my time.





Can you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e ?
Most probably she would say.... '; Woohoo!'; '; Now let's go and look up that girls skirt.';
What would a feminist say? WOO-HOO! Probably. :P
The real question is ';Has man made marriages worked?'; So much research is needed in this area!.....Read ';Gooberz...***';...by, Linda Goodman....A TRUE POET...AND, ...FEMINIST..I must say, as a woman, she , as an author has empowered my Inner Wisdom,and K-nowledge!
something stupid
i would say that women are rising up and not depending on men anymore. women are feeling empowered. it's the new millennium also--if women do get married, they are getting married later.. this shows that many women are becoming more self sufficient and not depending on men to take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment