Thursday, January 21, 2010

Did you put as much thought into your marriage as you did into your wedding?

It seems there is always so much focus on what will go wrong on your wedding day, how to have the perfect wedding, what you need to do, how much you need to save.





Did you put this much thought into your marriage? If so, what do you do to make your marriage work and how long have you been married?





Don't you think that if people put as much thought into their marriage as they do into their weddings that the divorce rate might be lower?





Just a thought! Thanks!Did you put as much thought into your marriage as you did into your wedding?
Yes I do.I still date my husband,we always set aside time for each other.We go on a date at least once a month and have fun.I think it makes our marriage work.Did you put as much thought into your marriage as you did into your wedding?
You are correct. Marriage is fun, frustrating, difficult, joyous, a lot of work, worth every effort, comforting, exciting, and lasts a long time, etc. It is not for the feint of heart and it is not easy.





We did give our marriage a lot of thought. The wedding was frankly a bother.





As for the wedding, my husband and I really wanted to elope, but our families wanted a wedding. So, we had the smallest and most informal one we could. The wedding party was two people and we did not do the big dresses, just normal ones and the guys wore their suits and only close family and close friends were invited. The reception was at a park and we played sports all night. We were in shorts and t-shirts. It was a blast.





We have been married for 22 years. We have two kids (teens). I adore him and life is very good.
Funny that you would ask this. I have seen the program ';Bridzillas'; and feel bad for the groom since he doesn't get to see his future wife as a bride to be in the worst setting. Every single bride to be in this program is a control freak and if I were a guy, I would want my bride to be on this program as well. That way I could see how she would handle the little things. How disgusting to see a woman in such an ugly state and yet she thinks she looks so beautiful walking down the aisle. Why don't they hire wedding coordinators to take lots of the stress off their backs. This is a definite sign of a future divorce---no regard for the other guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment