Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do you know when you're ready for marriage?

The question is pretty self-explanatory. My boyfriend and I have talked about getting engaged (we have been together for 5 years!) and I was to know what signs there are that you are 100% ready to dive into marriage. I know I love him and I know he loves me and we have already lived together for 1 year. What do you think?How do you know when you're ready for marriage?
How old are you?





A person is NEVER 100% ready to get married, or dive into anything this serious.


You can write up a pros and cons list and guess what, the cons will always be there. Its in spite of those cons are you willing to get married.





It sounds that you have been together long enough and you've survived the 1 year of living together. This already sounds like a marriage to me.





Keep in mind that marriage is different than anything else you've done with your boyfriend.





Bottom line is, you will know you're ready when you feel that it will be the easiest thing to do.


I remember marrying my husband and it was easier than anything else I've ever done. No butterflies, no cold feet, etc. It was so natural as if why haven't we done it sooner.





Also keep in mind that marriage is full of twists and turns, so be prepared. It isn't easy and it takes a lot of work, commitment, compromise and communication. It sounds easy, trust me....its not.





Don't rush into anything if you don't feel ready. He's stuck by your side 5 years, I'd say he's in it for the long run.





Good luck sweetie and take care.How do you know when you're ready for marriage?
You've been together long enough, but has it been a steady 5 yrs? Have you lived together? You don't really know someone until you live with them, trust me, I've learned the hard way. (smile) If you two are completely and exclusively obligated and dedicated to one another, I say go for it. But just make sure that you are truly ready, because if you are not, it will end drastically. There are way more expectations in a marriage.
When the question you just asked does not pop in your mind (really doesn't come up, not it comes up and you ignore it)





When it seriously does not cross your mind, that is when you are ready. Good luck
If I could give you a solid answer , with all the divorces out there , I would be a rich man.


You want to get married? Take your chances like everyone else . There is no way to know if a marriage will last .
when you're both 40+years of age and are financially independent then you're ready to consider marriage.
when you stop wondering if you are ready you will be ready.
I don't think anybody is ever 100% ready for marriage. But I would go through some pre martial counseling, and make sure that you guys have talked through the tough issues.


There are things that people don't think of bringing up before they get married, but they are so important.


Like how you two feel about finances, and your views on child raising.


Now I know you have been together 5 years so you have probably been through a lot. But i'm sure there are things you haven't even thought of discussing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment