Thursday, January 21, 2010

How should we maturely define ';need'; in a marriage?

Is it all a need versus a want? How do you decided which is which in your marriage? How should we maturely define ';need'; in a marriage?
Needs are things you cannot survive without - food, water, shelter.. wants are upgrades of the needs.. I need a roof over my head.. I want a 3 bedroom house.. in marriage, it's the same principal.. what in your marriage does it take to survive? (a need) What would make it better? (a want)How should we maturely define ';need'; in a marriage?
The conundrum is not defining maturely ';needs';. The conundrum is the challenge of having both needs and wants from ever intersecting. As we grow our needs shift as well as our wants. The things I ';needed'; when I was in my twenties have changed drastically from the ';needs'; of my forties. Moreover, my wants are far less now than when I was younger.
Something that is greatly desired and would cause the most happiness in one or the other spouse. However, all ';greed'; must not impose ';need';. Mutually deciding and agreeing upon what it is that takes care of those spouse's needs is very important to keep the peace and harmony in balance.
need is what you can not go with out, and want is something you can do with out.
Marriage needs misery?





ha ha...I dunno.





How about marriage is a needy bastard!
maybe you want it every day but you only need 3 or 4 times per month lol

No comments:

Post a Comment